Like many things in life, you get what you pay for. With all the low-cost package options on the market, it’s even more important to understand what you’re paying for when making your eyewear decision.
There are distinct differences in the quality of frames and lenses. Cheaper alternatives may come at a price to your vision and visual comfort. Here we highlight the basic differences you can expect in frame construction and materials so that you choose the best eyewear solution for you and your eyes.
The great news for you is that our independently-owned optometrists have an abundance of expertise in this area. They have the freedom to recommend high-quality eyewear from a wide range of international suppliers that’s right for your unique set of needs.
So, what sets a basic and premium frame apart?
1. Advanced frame materials
- Made of premium-grade high-tech materials e.g. acetates and titanium
- Tougher and more durable against wear and tear
- Increased comfort (as they are often lighter, thinner)
- Flexibility of material allowing for more innovative design
- High quality control measures in design and manufacture
2. Quality frame hardware
- Developed using latest engineering technologies
- Shock absorbent, heat and chemical resistant hinges
- Seamless finishes and hinge joins
- Longer wearing life
3. Original, innovative designs
- More attention to design detail and quality embellishments
- Unique colours, prints and textures sourced from boutique suppliers
- Blends and patterns distributed throughout the frame material, versus coatings used in lower cost frames
- Nose pads and moulded bridges designed for superior fit and comfort
- Proprietary, distinctive designs from leading fashion houses, for a unique look you can own
4. Hand-crafted with care
- Employ traditional hand construction and workmanship
- Time and care invested into each frame for a premium finish
- Feature hand-placed embellishments that make each frame a unique work of art
Combine quality with a unique look
The perks of seeing one of our independently-owned optometrists, is that on top of a thorough eye examination, you’ll have access to a unique, hand-picked range of high-quality frame options. PLUS, the expertise of a team who can help you find the right fit with your prescription.